To collect, compile, analyze & disseminate injury related information to the communities
and the policy makers for reducing the burden of morbidities & mortality resulting
due to injuries and to build capacity for providing quality care to the injury victims.
For National Injury Surveillance Centre (NISC):
1. To collect, compile, analyze the information from designated trauma care facilities
for the use of policy formation and preventive intervention.
2. To link the injury surveillance data capture format with all the designated trauma
care facilities for collection of injury surveillance related data.
3. Coordination for training in field of trauma care.
4. To collect information on Pre Hospital Care given to trauma victims.
For Trauma Registry:
1. Creation of Nodal Trauma Registries at various levels of trauma care facilities
2. Networking of all the trauma registries to make Regional and National Trauma
For Capacity Building:
1. Development of infrastructure for providing training to the Medical/Para Medical
persons in the field of Emergency care.
2. Initiation and expansion
of short and long term courses to be imparted to doctors and nurses working in the